Saturday, December 19, 2009

okay i'll admit ...



rodarte for target is MUCH better than i expected.

**UPDATE: I called Target - the collection will be available online at 12AM PACIFIC time!** 


**yet another UPDATE...see my updated review post: HERE**


i had a feeling that my local target would have it in stock early. i live in an area of nj that has blue laws..aka we don't shop on sundays. like...really, we don't. for some it's a really weird concept to grasp but i'm so used to it by now haha. if you want to buy clothes on a sunday, you either have to go out of state or out of the county.

but i digress. i checked one target yesterday and nothing was in sight, except for a REALLY similar "lamb" jacket/caplet but it was by a target brand. today, i took another shot at another local target. and bam.

i may have squealed.

..cuz honestly, ANY DESIGNER COLLECTION AT TARGET MAKES ME REALLY HAPPY. it's sad, but true. i lovelovelovelovelove target (understatement) and i lovelovelovelovelove designer collabs.

i have to admit, i was totally against this collection when i saw preview pics on talk pretty to me and the budget babe. however, in person...i totally changed my mind. like i said, there are some FABOOOOOSH pieces and some not so great ones, but that is with any target (or regular) collection. you will always love some and hate some.

the racks actually looked pretty picked through believe it or not. i wound up scoring three items. i was planning to go on sunday to another target but it is supposed to snow really bad so i doubt it. i think i'll probably shop online (did you know you can get 10% off on your target online order via triple aaa? go to www.aaa.com/target and login! presto) for the things that i missed, like the bow belts that i've had my eye on, something that i tried on in store that was too big, and this gorgeous blue dress that i saw on the lovely kaelah. (ps: enter her giveaway --- here!)

anyway darlings, here are some of my reviews. this will probably be updated at a later date when i see more items from the collection.


how i adored this dress. the back has like these really cute bows on it. however, i didn't like the material and it just wasn't for my body type. i have a really tiny waist but curvy hips (unfortunately the only person i can really name with my body type is kim kardashian cuz i totally gotz the bootay too). this dress will surely look fantastic on someone else though!


i thought i was going to hate this dress. honestly, until i put it on i wasn't crazy for it. but once it was on, it was heaaaven. the tulle is EFFING annoying. really, be patient though. as you wear it, it simmers down and cooperates with you. i also tried on the tan/beige one but wasn't too impressed. i need to find that belt.


the cardigan is really awesome. i liked the yellow color, but didn't see it as being practical for myself to wear. i may give in and get it though. it also comes in black and tan. they only had black in a large and it SWAM on me. the black looked so awesome though that i almost gave in....but it just didn't look right. i'll definitely be on the hunt for a small.


here's the black version. and look underneath...



that's an in store picture of zee dress (thanks G1 for totally failing me on the fabooshness of this). fell in absolute love with this dress. i put the large on in the dressing room and it was a bit big in the chest area. i still jumped up and down with excitement (srsly people, i wonder about myself sometimes). i was sure the medium would fit perfect, but it sort of squished my chest (36C for reference). i'm wondering if it was just the cut of that medium. they were the last dresses left along with an extra small, so i bought the large. i could not pass it up. hopefully i'll make it work (or try a different medium lol). it REALLY reminds me of a dress that kate moss did for topshop....



...that one ;)



NEED TO FIND THIS DRESS. holyyy crap.



that dress underneath...see it? sorta cute in person, but i didn't try it on. it looked like it may actually "work" ... there's also a shirt with that print.


if i had to recommend ONE item from this collection...it would be that cardigan. on the back by the neck there's a button attached scarf. it's kinda awesome, not gonna lie. it is a BIT itchy but nothing that i can't get past, especially if i'm layering with this. it was another item that i literally could not pass up. so cute. gigi - i'm thinking you may like this.


something to keep in mind about rodarte though?



THEY EFFING LOVE TULLE. i didn't try any of the above... i was not feeling it lol...but i could so see potential with the right outfit/look. call me an optimist ;o)

size wise...i'd say that it sort of fit me like the anna sui collection for the most part. i do warn you that some things are oversized and some run a bit on the small size (think the dresses that zip in the back, i have no luck with them being true to size ever thanks to my chest).

anna sui has been my favorite collection in a long time for target. i mean...really people, the one coat haunted me in my dreams until i finally found it.  i cannot honestly say that this will be my favorite, but there are a TON of faboosh and fun pieces in this collection that i completely LOVE.

all in all, i have to say that i agree with a lot of things that fetching fashions said here, so be sure to check out her review too.

images via nymag ... except for the g1 photos, taken by yours truly ;o)

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE NEWEST COLLECTION AT TARGET? WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE PIECES FROM THE COLLECTION?

38 comments:

Leah said...

I love the cardigans...not the dresses so much. But you know what I like most... the shoes that the models are wearing.

Corinna said...

i like the cardigans..and the second dress you posted. too bad i can't get my hands on these pieces :(

Justine said...

glad we agree, and the shout out! :)

fashion and style said...

i love all the dress, shoes, tights, they are so cute and chic collections.

Rosie Unknown said...

The Tulle! It calls to me! I think I love tulle even more than I love leather, and my feelings toward leather are very strong.

I wish we had target up here :(

Pop Champagne said...

haha I'm huge on tulle as well. i have been for the past few years even though my bf says tulle is for teenage girls whatever lol. Target has some great stuff at great prices for sure. I wish there are Targets here in Canada. I always check them out when I go down to the states :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Do you want to know something absolutely despicable? The six Target stores within a twenty-five mile radius of my house (two of which are SUPER Target's, might I add) have stopped carrying the GO International Collections? Tell me, is that even legal??!!

Loving the tulle - so Carrie Bradshaw!! :)

Couture Carrie said...

Love that animal print dress!

xoxox,
CC

Style, She Wrote said...

Love all the looks! Great review!

Noelle + Kendall said...

I'm going to Target on Sunday! I love Rodarte but I love Target even more so this is a dream come true. The first leopard dress looks fab but I'm really looking forward to trying on the lace print one :]


-N
www.fanseapants.com

betz said...

the cardigans are awesome. Target, here I come!!!!

http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

Hey,
So first off ADORABLE blog! I am completely stoked for the Rodarte line for Target, I think that this is an awesome post.

Anyway, I wanted to leave a comment because I read your "about me" section and found it amusing that you were a pre-law student. I am a junior in college and have been on track to graduate with an Legal Studies and English double major. However, after interning full time in my dad's law firm this past summer I decided that although I am very interested in the law, I don't know if it is something I want to pursue as a career so I dropped my Legal Studies major to a minor. As far as deciding what I want to "do" when I'm older, I have always been very torn between fashion and law as they have been my two greatest interests. It's cool to see there is somebody out there equally as interested in the two as well!

CMA said...

gorgeous darling
love it, great inspiration
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

beckyxoxo said...

Oh my this collection is AMAZING ! Thank you so much for sharing ! How I wish we have Target here :(

Imogen said...

I like many aspects about this collection. Thanks for sharing, it is very inspirational.

Kristin said...

Yayyyyyyy, I'm so glad it wasn't a disappointment. I can't wait to see it in the store! I effing love tulle too.

daisychain said...

One more reason for me to move to the USA!

Amelia said...

I'm so excited to go check it out today! It looks amazing.

Couture Cookie said...

I'm a little suspicious, but the pictures look really nice! There is no Target where I live (I think the closest one is in Brooklyn or Queens?) so it looks like I will miss out.... and stores are not open in NJ on Sundays? Are you serious? I had no idea!!

J said...

OOOO thanks for the review! i'll def be checking this out at my local target!! I actually like Tulle, i think its fun and flirty but we'll see once I try some of the pcs on if I don't feel like a 5 y/o! haha.

The Budget Babe said...

ahhh!! i'm dying. the stores where i live never put these collections out on time. on the plus size, people don't seem to care about them too much so i end up scoring stuff on the clearance racks. anyways, great review!! i wondered if the cardigans were itchy and you answered that question. also wondered about sizing. i think i need a dress or two...

Savvy Gal said...

all the pieces you featured are really stylish. i would def browse target for stylish savvy priced pieces.

Inspiration in Italy said...

The blue dress and the animal dresses are amazing! xx

Maddy said...

The cardis are nice, but the dresses are not my style. But then again, I don't typically gravitate towards dresses anyways :o)

iheartvintagex said...

I wish the UK had tagret :( And weird you don't shop on sunday! I love being able to do it, it's always quite though, cause not many people like doing it :) x

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I love that black dress. Everything you posted here is so cute. I have not gone to Target yet to see this collection. I simply don't have money with the holidays coming up right now. Sigh. But hopefully there will still be some fab items left next month! :)

Join the Gossip said...

hmmm...i think i am like you and will have to see the items in person to decide if i like this collection or not. i do also love target though! you can find anything there!

chaoskontrolowany said...

Amazing first dress! ;))

E said...

Crap crap crap! with all my travel issues, I TOTALLY FORGOT! Going to the Target site RIGHT NOW!

Elaine said...

The lace cardigan is pretty amazing!


clothedmuch.blogspot.comv

Liya said...

ah, to be in canada and not be able to see any of that up close

sighhhh

myglitteringcreation.blogspot.com

Ecc3ntricCynic said...

I'm Not huge on tulle, but I did like the swimsuits and the "kimono print shirts". If it wasn't the dead of winter I might have bought the one of the swimsuits. The blue dress is DIVINE, but something that delicate would get ripped very easily so I resisted the urge to buy it. It was also very much a "small boobie" dress.

Jihan S. said...

I really like that beige lace-y cardigan.

sharleen flowers2world.com said...

Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.

NaveenAli said...

I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
canada florist

Philippines flowers said...

Love all the looks!
Great Effort

Canada flower shops said...

amazing Costume..:-)
i love it all.. i am going to give order this dress for my Fiance ..
Great Effort

send flower/gift to Korea said...

i love this blog..
Nice effort, very informative, this will help me to complete my task.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com